The Wandersman Center helps people learn and act on data. We have three categories of services that we offer to public, private, and governmental clients, at all levels of stage and sophistication.
Many times, people want to understand the underlying conditions for projects, organizations, and communities. We provide extensive research consultation and support to help people process this data and underlying relationship. Sometimes, this starts all the way at the beginning with assisting people to ask the right questions. Other times, we jump right in and help run analysis. Our research support categories include:
- Organization and Community Needs Assessments, including analysis of archival and artifactual data.
- Literature reviews and environmental scans, pulling from the peer-reviewed and grey literature.
- Quantitative Modeling. Our team has a deep bench of statisticians and methodologists that can help your teams understand patterns and relationships in data. We have expertise including Univariate and Multivariate Descriptive Statistics, Generalized Linear Regression Models, Multilevel modeling, Mixture Modeling for Cross-sectional and Longitudinal Data, Scale Development and Testing, and Structural Equation Modeling.
- Qualitative Modeling. We use cutting edge natural language processing (NLP) to understand underlying sentiment and meaning behind large bodies of text-based data. This allows us to analyze qualitative data much more quickly, more comprehensively and reliably than manual coding methods.
- Predictive Modeling. Given past and current conditions, what patterns are we likely to see in the future, and how confident can be in those predictions? We can help teams forecast out what they might see given changes in time or other conditions.
In addition, the Wandersman Center maintains a rich cross-project research portfolio. We regularly publish and present to professional, academic, and scientific audiences. Our recent work can be found at here.
Broadly, we are interested in how implementation supports can be strengthened to make community changes. Our specific focus is in assessing and building readiness. We are specifically interested in:
- Tool Development. How we measure and evaluate readiness.
- Evaluation. How readiness behaviors and links to outcomes.
- Practical Application. How evidenced-based strategies can be use to build readiness.
Evaluation is about more than compliance. It is about setting up the systems to know what is happening and why. It is about making sure that deliberate decisions and processes are in place to achieve outcomes.
Many people find evaluation scary. We help to engage people in evaluation process so they can build their motivation and capacity to engage with their data and develop a positive, productive learning environment.
We are among the industry leaders in understanding and using actionable data for making implementation improvement. We specialize in mixed-methods formative evaluation. We are rooted in the fields of participatory and empowerment evaluation models. Abe was one of the core developers of the Getting to Outcomes model; a soup-to-nuts program development, evaluation, and sustainability model. We work closely with our partners to design methods, measures, and metrics together to ensure they meet the underlying needs and generate data to generate action. This can involve many feedback loops to make sure that methods are aligned with the questions that are important to our stakeholders.
Implementation is not easy. We provide multiple ways to support the project in building their readiness and ability to implement and evaluate well. We use the Evidence-Based System for Implementation Support, an in-depth approach to designing and executing support strategies to help stakeholders succeed.
- Tools. Our RMC2 platform (coming soon) has a variety of measures that help stakeholders determine their current context and status while providing evidence-based methods for improvement.
- Training. We regularly hold open workshops on issues critical to implementation. Past talks concern readiness, Getting to Outcomes, and stakeholder engagement. We are also able to provide specialized training.
- Technical Assistance. We offer in-depth consultation and coaching to help organizations implement project with quality, build and sustain their readiness, and generalize their skills to address a wide variety of contexts. We deliver coaching in all sorts of way; over the phone, web-conferences, and in person.
- Quality Assurance. We provide quality monitoring by setting up tools and relationships to ensure that projects proceed as intended, capitalize on emerging findings, and put conditions in place to maintain progress over time.
Check out our Learn More page to access our tools, view past reports or presentations, or get in touch with us.